Milano Times Hourglass
Designed by Milan-based architect Denis Guidone, who took inspiration from Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, this Milano Times Hourglass has two chambers that are intentionally asymmetric, a nod to Einstein's ideas about time and space. The hourglass is handmade from borosilicate glass using a lampworking process, creating ridges that are tactilely and visually pleasing. The process involves melting glass with a torch and, once in a molten state, the glass is formed by blowing and shaping with tools and hand movements. The Milano Times Hourglass contains sand and is an attractive object for your desk, mantelpiece or kitchen counter. Small style holds five minutes of sand; Large holds 15 minutes worth of sand.
Small 5 minutes: 6.3h x 1.5" diam.
Large 15 minutes: 9.8h x 2.6" diam.
Borosilicate Glass, Sand
Year of Design
- Yayoi Kusama Love Forever Tea Towel Set of 2Regular Price HK$498.00 Special Price HK$349.00
- Yayoi Kusama Late Night Chat Mug Set of 2Regular Price HK$538.00 Special Price HK$269.00
- Light My Fire Salt & Pepper Plus BIO Regular Price HK$128.00 As low as HK$50.00
- HAY Ellipse Trays Regular Price HK$399.00 As low as HK$321.30
- HAY George Sowden Tins As low as HK$79.00
- HAY Tela Votive Set of 2Regular Price HK$359.00 Special Price HK$200.00