Andy Warhol: Skateboard Colored Campbell's Soup Cans
Among the most iconic works in modern art, Warhol's 32 Campbell's Soup Cans paintings took various forms, including a 1965 series comprised of 19 different colored cans. For these works, Warhol not only used ink colors that departed from real colors, but also spray painted the backgrounds and the lower (white) portion of the label in different colors. The result was a collection that was both unexpected and familiar.
These groundbreaking works are the inspiration for this series of skate decks, where each color has been produced in a limited edition of 5,000. 1000 units are sold as a set of 8 in special gift box. Hanging wall mounts included.
The Skateroom is a platform for promoting, selling and producing art on skateboards that supports youth-empowerment and development. Proceeds from this project will benefit Skateistan, an award-winning, international NGO with projects in Afghanistan, Cambodia and South Africa. Skateistan is the first international development initiative to combine skateboarding with educational outcomes.
©/®/™ The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc.
The Skateroom and The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
31h x 8w x 0.5"d
Year of Design
- NY Yankees Cap As low as HK$328.00
- FELLOW Opus Conical Burr Coffee Grinder - BlackHK$2,180.00
- Wacaco Pipamoka To-go Coffee MakerHK$378.00
- Bilboquet Wine Carafe & Decanter As low as HK$1,058.00
- Marshall Willen Portable Water-Resistant Speaker As low as HK$999.00
- FELLOW Ode Brew Coffee Grinder As low as HK$3,280.00