Designed by Charles and Ray Eames, whose work is represented in the Museum's collection, this coat rack uses the same wire welding techniques they developed for manufacturing their wire chair and table bases. The design is childlike in its use of color, and boldly sophisticated in its reinterpretation of the simple coat rack. Made by Herman Miller® of painted steel-wire rods capped with painted maple balls. Hanging hardware is included. Not intended as a toy.
The Hang-It-All Coat Rack was featured in MoMA's exhibition Century of the Child: Growing by Design, 1900-2000, an overview of the modernist preoccupation with children and childhood as a paradigm for progressive design thinking. The Museum's Department of Architecture and Design brings together school architecture, clothing, playgrounds, toys and games, children's hospitals and safety equipment, nurseries, furniture, and books to examine individual and collective visions for the material world of children.
Charles and Ray Eames
14.5h x 19.5w x 6.5"d
Large ball: 2"d
Small ball: 1.5"d
Steel Wire, Maple Wood
Year of Design
Item successfully added to cart!
- KAWS: HOLIDAY COMPANION Vinyl Figure As low as HK$1,580.00
- KAWS: HOLIDAY Mount Fuji Plush As low as HK$1,880.00
- Self-Watering Pots Regular Price HK$298.00 As low as HK$149.00
- Wireless Charger & MousepadHK$368.00
- Murakami Flower Plush As low as HK$1,208.00
- Lexon Mina LED Portable Lights Regular Price HK$238.00 As low as HK$190.40