What Is A Print: Selections From The Museum Of Modern Art
By Sarah Suzuki
Printmaking is a diverse world offering a myriad of techniques, each one producing distinctive visual effects-from the rich, velvety lines of drypoint to the bold, flat coloring of screenprint. This volume illuminates a wide range of these techniques, featuring short overviews as well as lush illustrations of more than 130 works from The Museum of Modern Art's unrivaled print collection.
Modern masters—including Joan Miró, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol—are joined by a roster of international contemporary artists who continue to explore and expand the medium today. Four specially commissioned projects by Christiane Baumgartner, Julian Opie, José Antonio Suárez Londoño, and Terry Winters further demonstrate the singular qualities of this ancient practice that progresses with unrelenting force into the digital age.
Hardcover. 168 pages. 151 illustrations.
Sarah Suzuki is an Associate Curator in the Department of Prints & Illustrated Books at The Museum of Modern Art.
9w x 10.5h x 1"d
Year of Design
Item successfully added to cart!
- KAWS: HOLIDAY COMPANION Vinyl FigureHK$1,580.00
- The Moon Jigsaw Puzzle - 1,000 PiecesHK$278.00
- KAWS: HOLIDAY COMPANION Vinyl Figure As low as HK$0.00
- The Earth Jigsaw Puzzle - 1,000 PiecesHK$278.00
- Champion Hoodie - MoMA Edition As low as HK$708.00
- KAWS: HOLIDAY Mount Fuji Plush As low as HK$0.00